Many great inventions have received a Tristar Products review, but most of them wouldn’t have even been possible if the creators didn’t have the right person or people to learn from.
Having a mentor to help show them the ropes and pave the way for their success is a common theme among many of the best inventors and that’s because most creations are derivatives of a product or idea that already exists.
But mentoring isn’t just important when it comes to inventing, it’s an important aspect of life that should be understood and appreciated. That’s why January has been designated as National Mentoring Month, which celebrates mentoring and the positive effect it can have on young lives. And that’s also why the latest Tristar Products review is on the importance of Mentoring.
The Harvard School of Public Health and MENTOR: The National Mentoring Partnership founded this annual distinction in 2002. Their goals were to raise awareness or mentoring in its various forms; recruit individuals to mentor, especially in programs that have waiting lists of young people; and promote the rapid growth of mentoring by recruiting organizations to engage their constituents in mentoring.
To do your part this month, look a mentor program that you can join and see how it can lead to a more fulfilling life. If you’re still not convinced, here are some of the best benefits of being a mentor or a mentee:
- · Provides personal satisfaction from supporting and facilitating the development of others
- · Enables the development and practice of interpersonal skills
- · Broadens understanding of certain organizations and how they work
- · Uses your experiences and talents to help another person
- · Helps achieve recognition from peers
- · Develops professional relationships
- · Increases job satisfaction
- · Provides an opportunity to reflect and grow as an individual
- · Encourages reflection
- · Offers professional development
- · Improves self-confidence
- · Improves problem solving skills
- · Develops meaningful and supportive relationships
- · Provides objective and encouraging advice
Mentoring can be particularly useful and prevalent in academic settings. The benefits of mentoring when it comes to academia, especially college, include enabling faster induction of new faculty or staff; improving university or department community and communication; enhances individual academic performance; and encourages commitment to the organization.
So don’t miss out on your opportunity to grow or help someone else grow. Find a program that will allow you to be a mentor or mentee and see how it can improve your life.
Visit us again soon to read the next Tristar Products review about an invention or topic that is relevant to our daily lives.